Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Day in the Life of a T u i

I wake up and the sun warms my feathers as I step out of bed. I shake off all the moss and twigs from my nest. Then I fly down to the lake and get a drink.
I fly over to the Chatham islands looking for some food. After hours of circling the island, I finally find a kowhai tree. I suck lots of pollen off.“Mmmmm that was yum”. After that delicious treat, I get back to flying. 

A few hours have past and flying around has made my wings sore so I fly home to eat some lunch. Back in my nest, I had some spare weta from last nights hunt. I was starting to get really hot so I had a nap. I would say it was a small one but I wasn’t, it was 5 hours long because yesterday I was up searching for food all night.

After my nap when I woke up I was in shock the sun was going down. I had to quickly go out hunting to get dinner or I was going to starve. I was once again circling the Chatham islands. It wasn’t long before I found a group of wetas. I scooped up a couple with my beak and flew home. I gobbled them up really fast. Then went back to bed but I couldn’t get to sleep because of my long nap. So I spent the rest of the night staring into the stars.

2 comments:

  1. Great max ! good way to describe how you had your day. next make it longer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you sequenced the your day in the life of the tui

    ReplyDelete